Part-Time Project Manager
Part-Time Project Manager
About our Company
Octopus Creative is a kick-ass, fast-growth, start-up marketing agency located western Canada. We design, build & market wickedly beautiful websites in multiple verticals.
Part-Time Project Manager – Contract or Staff
We’re looking for someone who is well organized, loves people and problem solving but yet can still be politely bossy to staff and clients alike to ensure that $#!7 gets done. Octopus Creative is fishing for their newest team addition as a Part-Time Project Manager who is keen to uphold deadlines, be very organized, and not be scared to tell the owners that something isn’t super realistic if they’re a bit too visionary/ambitious.
Although not completely necessary, preference will be provided to those who hold a digital marketing background.
Bonus points will be awarded to those who have any Google certifications or Digital Marketing certifications. We do require that all staff and contractors go through our certification process post-hire to have a thorough understanding in how we deliver our services to our clients. This will be especially true for our Project Manager.
Octopus Creative is a smaller agency that offers full-on website builds, and markets them. We also host numerous sub-brands of Octopus Creative which also build websites in specific niche or verticals using similar offerings. Currently, we onboard approximately 2-4 new client websites per month between our brands and holds about 8-10 recurring monthly projects + host a portfolio of over 50 client websites to support on a monthly basis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Organizing & running weekly staff meetings
- Onboarding new clients
- Weekly client project update meetings
- Attending the occasional sales meetings for resource planning
- Attending regular meetings with executives for resource & project planning
- Updating our monthly recurring clients about the status of their projects including blogs, site changes/updates, etc.
- Responding to trouble tickets and delegating out tasks accordingly
- Managing website projects, timelines & ensuring we stay on time & budget
- Regular reporting on time, budgets and project statuses
What we’re looking for:
- Previous management or relevant project management experience working with a marketing, advertising or development agency
- Exceptional communication and communication skills
- Willing to be on camera with staff and clients over Zoom
- Willing to interpret and decipher different forms of communications from developers, clients, marketers, staff and management
- Detail oriented. This is critical as you’ll be checking the quality assurance of websites and projects on a regular basis.
- Strong ability to work and collaborate remotely
- Worked in the digital marketing space previous
- Must be willing to be onboarded & trained using our fully-certified Digital Marketer Certified Partner training
- Must have great organization and time management skills
- Able to work a minimum of 15-20 hours a week
- Consistently helping with improving and streamlining our already impeccable processes (or so we think?)
- Not scared of using existing toolsets to manage and plan resources including: NiftyPM, Teamwork, basecamp, ActiveCampaign CRM, LiveAgent, Google GSuite, etc…
- WordPress and any other content marketing, web or development platforms considered an asset
How to apply:
- Submit your resume, along with experience via our application form on the website here.
- If you happen to know the owners or referred through one of their marketing groups — reach out directly to them on Facebook. Small bribes will be accepted.
- Please do not call our contact numbers as we won’t be available to answer, and our reception will not have additional answers that aren’t already posted here. The owners are too busy managing projects and prefer to look over applicants in the middle of the night over some drinks anyhow.
Benefits programs are only available if on our regular staff and in Canada. Not available for contract firms. Happy to go over these details if you find yourself a great fit for this position and if you enjoy what you see.
We’re now a fully remote agency! Although we had office addresses in Calgary, AB & Abbotsford, BC, we’re accepting applicants from anywhere in North America who work from home and can work on West Coast/Pacific Time.
- Abbotsford, BC